Spirituality involves exploring certain universal themes of love, compassion, altruism, life after death, wisdom, and truth, with the knowledge that some people, enlightened individuals, have achieved and manifested higher levels of development than the ordinary person.
What you will learn in this article:
- Why is spirituality important
- 5 benefits of spirituality
- What is spirituality
- What is spiritual care
- What is an example of spirituality
- What are the belief of spirituality
- What is the true meaning of spirituality
- Personal Spiritual Journey Story
Spirituality involves common themes of love, charity, and wisdom.
It is finding a purpose other than yourself. It’s about navigating through your awakenings and elevating your higher vibrational versions of yourself.
It is looking beyond the superficiality and materialism of this world. It’s stopping and looking at nature a different way by honoring God, thanking Him for His creations, taking time to look at the moon, and thank God for it. Appreciating it. Allowing it to make you closer to God.
Using his unique puzzles and work of art right in front of us with marvel.
It is to give back and love everything in this world God: the Creator, the Universe, has created. He is within us.
No matter what you practice and your belief systems we are all still here.
What is spirituality
Spirituality is what connects us all and makes us all one through our own individualistic experiences. It is something beyond the self. A yearning to want to understand the universe around us outside of the sensory and physical levels.
Believing in supernatural, mystical practices, and phenomena.
Spiritual comes from the Latin spiritualitas which means ‘the breathe of life’
It is the act of breathing that connects us all to spirituality.
Why is spirituality important
Now that we went over what is spirituality let’s go over why it is important. With as much that is going on in the world today most of us find comfort and relief from practicing or connecting with a more spiritual aspect of life.
It allows you a deeper insight into a worldview that is more to life than just meets the eye.
Understanding and learning more about spirituality will continue to take you down the path of asking questions about the meaning of life, truths about the universe, and how we are all connected.
5 benefits of spirituality
There are numerous benefits to becoming more spiritual. You will find significant importance in how you view the world around you, the actions your take, and how you react.
You will start to see yourself in a deeper sense that is outside of the physical body you are currently in.
Here are 5 benefits of spirituality:
- Deeper meaning into yourself and others
- Source of comfort and relief from stress and anxiety
- Finding healing in nature
- Develop nurturing relationships
- A sense of more gratitude
What is spiritual care
Spiritual care is the time you take for yourself to take care of yourself. It is what you decide to do during that time.
Everyone is different and so your rituals or routine may look completely different from others. You may go out for a walk in nature, you may take up a meditation class, or soak in a hot warm bath.
Whatever it is that brings you healing is what you do for your spiritual care. Set time aside to help you become a better more insightful version of yourself.
What is an example of spirituality
We all hear about spirituality and how it can benefit our lives, but what does it look like in action?
Example of spirituality:
- Experiencing compassion and empathy for others and the world around you
- Questions about the meaning of life, how people are connected, truths about the universe, and other mysteries of your life experience
- Taking time for yourself in solitude to recalibrate your vibrations if they feel off
- Researching and having an interest in something beyond the self
- Seeking happiness beyond what people experience outside of the physical level
- Finding healing through nature and earth elements such as earth, water, air, and fire
What are the belief of spirituality
As mentioned earlier, spirituality is an individual journey.
You can be Christian and consider yourself spiritual, you can be Hindi or Buddhist, or you can go on not believing in any God or gods and still consider yourself spiritual.
Here are the beliefs of spirituality:
- Exploring themes of love, compassion, altruism, wisdom, and truth
- Enlightened individuals want to achieve and manifest higher levels of development than the ordinary person
- Some link their spirituality to a church, temple, mosque, or synagogue
- Belief in something beyond the self
- Search for personal growth
- Examining diverse beliefs and practices
- Worldviews that relate humanity to spirituality and to personal experience
What is the true meaning of spirituality
We all have the potential to become spiritual despite your religious or cultural background. Spirituality is what has the potential to connect us all.
Spirituality is an individual journey and can mean something different to each one of us. What is certain is the root of the word: spiritual which comes from the Latin spiritualitas which means ‘the breathe of life’.
You give meaning to how you use your spiritual life to guide you in the life you are currently living now. Your perception, morals, choices, interactoins, boundaries, and so much more are set by you. Give meaning to your life by embracing the spiritual path.
Let’s wrap it up ….
The spiritual journey is one that begins with our spiritual awakening and how to become more spiritually connected, even though it can be challenging, this path of self-discovery and spiritual growth can be the most beautiful and transformative path we can take in our lives.
As we grow spiritually, we feel truly connected to ourselves, to people, to the Universe, and to every aspect of our lives.
Our relationships become more meaningful and authentic.
Our sex life improves as we become more attuned to our bodies.
And we gift ourselves the joy of experiencing life with more intention, presence, and vibrancy than ever before.
So if you’d love to learn more about how to integrate your spirituality in specific aspects of your life, such as sexuality, explore our blog and sign up for our newsletter for much more!